If you’ve been visiting Planet Penny for a while, you’ll know my main gripe about the autumn/winter period is the lack of daylight. I don’t think I actually suffer from full blown Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I do get rather grumpy, and those gloomy days when you think the sun hasn’t actually risen at all make creating and photography jolly tricky.
So I was very happy to be sent a couple of lamps from the Daylight Company to try out and review, and I know for all you knitters, crocheters and stitchers out there a good daylight lamp is a really necessary bit of crafting kit.
The first one is the Smart Lamp D20 and I love it! It’s light and portable, but the base is heavy enough for it to be really stable so you can adjust it over your work area without worrying about it toppling over.
I’ve found it particularly useful in the evenings by my chair when I’m multi tasking with some crochet, the television and a cup of tea because the light can be angled. In fact it does all this!
- It changes colors for improved contrast when reading and colour matching
- It is dimmable, allowing you to set the light at the brightness level you require
- It is portable, light weight and foldable so you can take it anywhere
- It is USB compatible allowing you to plug into the AC Adapter (included) your computer or phone charger.
And then there is the baby brother, the Yoyo light. It arrives looking just like the yoyo it is named after……but opens up into a handy little magnifying light, perfect for keeping in your workbox when you need to get up close and personal with your work.
And this is what it does:
- Compact foldable pocket LED magnifier
- 3 bright LEDs
- 5,5cm (2.17″) lens – Magnification 8D (3,0X)
- Ideal to use when out and about
- Comes with a wrist strap
- Requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
I really enjoy finding things which I know will make things just that little bit easier for us creative peeps, and it’s even better when I can offer you the chance to win one of your very own – for FREE!
I have a Smart Lamp D20 worth £65.00 and a Yoyo Magnifyer Lamp worth £15.00 as a giveaway on my latest newsletter. All you have to do is sign up via the PINK BUTTON below and let me know what you love best about Winter VIA THE NEWSLETTER. The Smart Lamp is only available in the UK I’m afraid, but I’m happy to send the Yoyo lamp to any part of the world where you can buy AAA batteries!
Looking forward to hearing from you…x